Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Acceptance

"It’s sad that society tells fat [insert any number of looksist descriptors here] people that we will be lucky to find someone who appreciates us as just as we are. Like it’s some sort of great and rare sacrifice on the part of (non-fat) others to actually find us attractive."( I read this on Fashionistas! blog)

You know, this is something I struggle with everyday. I am FAT!! There I said it... I know that I am fat and I don't need anyone telling me that I am. I am also BEAUTIFUL, CARING, LOVING and pretty much a good person all around. Yes, I have my faults but, they are small faults. Hopefully Kelly will say the same if you ask him. I love that my husband makes me feel like the most beautiful woman in the world. When I am around him, I am not fat. I am a runway model because of the way he makes me feel. I have a coworker who is a good size but feels like she is as big as I am and is always making comments that she wishes she had my confidence. She says that I am skinny on the inside. Maybe so, but the best thing is, I have confidence of who I am.

I am a wife, a child of GOD, a martial arts student, a friend, a co-worker, a daughter, a sister, a step-mom, etc. I hate to do laundry but do it anyway, I hate to wash dishes, but do it any way. I hate to grocery shop- I am a tight-wad! But do it anyway. I hate to walk for exercise, but I know that if I don't, my joints will stiffen up and then I won't be able to do anything I enjoy to do.

In a few weeks I will be shooting a commercial for a plus-size lingerie store in the 'Boro. This will be the second time I have does this for them. It's fun to do and I get to live out my dream of being a "model". It doesn't hurt to dream to be a model when you are a plus size woman. I know that I am pretty, heck, I've been told that ALL my life. I don't have the big head. I always tell my step-daughter, if you don't love yourself, no one will fall in love with you.... I had a co-worker to tell me that he thought I was beautiful because of the way I carry myself, I walk into a room to be noticed but not to be the center of attention. I carry myself so that I am approachable, but so people know that they can't run all over me.

I owe my Mom for the self-esteem she has given me. She always told me, I am no better than anyone, and no one is better than me. Yep, that's right. You go Momma! My Mom is a self reliant person, she doesn't need anyone to help her. Now, that is good sometimes and bad at other times. She is very impatient, another quality I have inherited. She is a leader and no matter what my brother says, she was a good mother. Yeah, she was hard on us at times but, hey, we aren't in Jail or living with her and mooching off her or anyone else.

So everyone, let's accept people for the qualities that they can give to us, or the things we can learn from them, not for the color of their skin, the size of their body, the color of their eyes or the religion they choose to worship. We need more acceptance in this world and with each other.
Peace out with All of God's love-Ang

1 comments:

The StepMom said...

I love love love this post!!! You are right on.

Especially loved the part about how you feel like a runway model when you are around your husband, b/c that is the way he makes you feel!!! That's awesome and that is how it should be.

And glad that your telling your s-daughter that she needs to love herself or no one will fall in love with her!!! That will stay with her forever, and make her think "I better be good to myself!" and make her question "am I loving myself right now?"

Great topic, one we all needed to be reminded of.