Friday, April 11, 2008

SURVIVOR MAN














Yes, folks, I have my very own "survivor man". He is the man of my dreams... Most of the time! HA! Kelly is a full fledged hunter... He hunts turkey, deer, raccoons, squirrels, rabbits and he also fishes. Needless to say, our grocery bill is not that high when it comes to meat. No, we do not eat the masked man.. Gross.... Just recently he bagged his first turkey of the year. It wasn't much to talk about it since it was a Jake but at least he killed one and we have fresh wild turkey breast in the freezer.


I hate the taste of beef since we eat so much deer. There is a secret to making deer not have the wild taste. You have to beg to get the secret. We eat so much deer that I can make any recipe that calls for beef out of the deer meat and no one would be able to tell the difference. Our fav is country fried deer steak. I like wild turkey breast too. I'm not much on the rabbit or squirrel. My Flossie sure did like the rabbit and squirrel. When she was alive Kelly would make special hunting trips just to kill a mess for them to eat. I would try to eat it with them but, most of the time I would just eat cereal.

I had lunch today with a dear friend of mine, Christy. I haven't seen her since she got married in October, so it was great seeing her again. We do keep in touch by e-mailing each other but, we have families and busy lives and not enough friend time to spare. Even though we both crave it. We have a third musketeer that belongs on the group but you have to hog tie her to get her to quit working long enough to have fun. Yes, Paula, I am talking about you!! Hopefully we can make time to have a slumber party soon.




One thing I have learned since I was sick is, that you do everything you can do to have fun and enjoy the day with people you love and people that make you laugh. With those two, we never stop laughing. We do have moments when we've cried but, one of us would say something funny then we all three are laughing again. I love all of my friends and family. I hope that Kerry can grow up having as many friends that she can depend on that I have.










.

0 comments: