Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Defeated Creek Camping trip, Memorial Day Weekend

Our Camp SiteKelly and Kerry

The Happy Campers


Breakfast



Fifi roughing it too.
We decided that it would be fun to go camping this past weekend. It was my idea.. Can you believe it? No, I am not a camper but we had an awesome time. I can't wait to do it again. We went to Defeated Creek. It is near Carthage, TN. I was really impressed with how clean everything was. We had a great camp site, even though whomever was there before us didn't clean up after their dog.. If ya know what I mean. Yes, I cleaned up after Fifi. I took disposable bags with me.
We went fishing Sunday afternoon, after we set up camp. Fifi was chasing Kelly's Bass plug. It was so funny, I wished I had a video camera so I could have taped it. We laughed our butts off at her. She did good. She whined when ever I left her with Kelly to go to the bathroom, but other than that she was good. Kerry had a great time, we went to the beach and she swam. The water was just a little too cool for me. I did put Fifi in the water to swim to Kerry but, she was having no part of that and was mad at us the rest of the day. HA... We roasted hot dogs and marsh mellows for supper. We were kinda hoping we could have fish, but had no luck catching anything.
Breakfast was an adventure. I forgot tongs to flip the bacon so I used Kelly's fillet knife, I forgot a spoon to scramble the eggs in the skillet so we used the stick we roasted hot dogs with. Kelly scrambled the eggs over the fire for me.. The smoke was just a little too much for me. I did have plates and forks to eat on. Don't give me a hard time... I told you.. I am not a camper...
Now, if anyone has a camper they would like to give to The Blackdawgs, just know that we will take good care of it and use it often.. I think I am turning into a camper...
Family time, you just can't beat it.... Here's hoping that our next adventure is just as fun.





0 comments: