Thursday, August 28, 2008

Boy meets girl... 20 years ago

August 28, 1988, Kelly and I had our 1st offical date. After the football game that is. Kelly was a sophmore and I was a senior. Yep. I am 2 years older, even though he looks older... I worked in the concession stand that night. I had quit the band that year, I was sick of twirling. I have always been one of those people who has done things because people told me I couldn't because of my size. I wasn't the only "Big" girl twirling during my baton days, but I was the oldest.
Anyway, Kelly was playing football and I was doing everything I could to watch while working the concession stand. I can't rememeber who we played that night but I do remember us winning! I was standing at the end of the field after the game and he gave me a sweaty hug! It was nasty but so sweet at the time. Sometimes I wish we could back to those sweet inoccent all in love days!
Young love is so great!
After The game we went to eat then riding around town. I took him home and then went home. I remember thinking at the time, I really like this boy but I wasn't ready to fall in love. It was my SR. year and all I wanted to do is study and hang out with my friends and have the time of my life! I did all of that with someone I was head over heels in love with and had the time of my life!
I loved being in love and enjoying life.
Here we are 20 years later, married for 4 years and still madly in love with each other. Of course our love has matured but we still love each other!

Photobucket

0 comments: