Monday, August 18, 2008

LET IT GO

Saturday Kerry received a letter from her Mom. Good for you April for writting your daughter a letter, I thought, till Kerry told me the jest of the letter. We also got some of April's mail. Made out to her last name when she was married to MY husband and to an address she hasn't lived at for at least 8 years. Is she dodging bills? Doesn't she know it doesn't matter what address bills go to, you are still resonsible. Responsible? Oh yeah, that is a word that isn't in her vocabulary very often. Sorry... It's true...Anyway, I guess the letter carrier messed up. So Kerry says the letter was strange and she'd better call her Mom to make sure everything was OK.
I asked Kerry what the letter said(trying not be be too nosey).She said that it said something about her Mom knowing where she messed up in raising Kerry, by tring to be her best friend instead of her Mom. Kerry looks at me and said, I know...., I know...
She then said, she really didn't understand what her Mom was trying to say. I asked if she needed me to read it and try to explain it. She said, "No. I just put it up 'cause I didn't want to get mad. She is just being silly."
She called her Mom and then Bubba came to pick up her mail. I haven't seen April since she called Kelly to tell him she was taking him to court to get full custody of Kerry again.I guess she is scared to face us.
Later, Kerry and I went to the Outlet Mall and did some shopping. We had a really good time. We went out to eat and she brought up the letter again. The letter must have really put a strain on her 'cause she said that she knew that it hurt her Mom for her to live with us but, she knew herself that she was in a better place. That she didn't like for her Mom to say that Kerry really needed to be with her instead of us. I told Kerry that her Mom just misses her and at those times she is being selfish to make Kerry feel guilty about having fun at our house. I told Kerry that she needed to look out for herself and to enjoy what little time she had being a kid, becasue she was going to have to actually grow up sooner than she really wants to. I mean, come on, let it go... You don't work. You are sick adn not able to take care of yourself much less a teenager. Your husband doesn't have a legal paying job. (you know what I mean). How in the crap are you going to raise a teenager that is always wanting to go. That takes money, you now something you don't have 'cause you don't have a J O B... When crap like that ahppens, it makes me want to take that crazy ED and put her in a triangle hold! Just let her pass out... Let her know she is messing with the wrong person. Wait.. She knows that because that is why she hasn't been around for the last 2 months!
So sorry for teh ranting but I gots to Let it GO!


Photobucket

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you geel better! I am glad you and Kerry are having fun together. Luv ya!