Thursday, June 26, 2008

HAVING THE GIRLS CHECKED OUT

Yep, today I had my first Mammogram. It's really not as bad as everyone has made it out to be. I went to the new Sumner Station. Can you say WOW! They have coffee, tea, cocoa and snacks in the waiting room. I was impressed. I was taken into the waiting room and told to go to the bathroom and wash off my deo and put on the gown. I asked at work if I could wear deo and everyone said sure. WRONG! If you have to have a Mammogram, don't wear deo. Anyway, I put the gown on like you do when you visit the OBGYN and was thinking to myself how in the heck is that gonna happen. The Girls aren't showing so how is it gonna work? Any way, when I got into the Mammogram room, the sweet Mammogram woman said :"Honey, you need to turn your gown around and leave it untied." (The gown wasn't even a BIG Girl gown so I was already having problems with it.) I laughed and said, well this is my 1st time doing this. So, I turned my gown around and the smooshing began. At least they weren't smooshed as bad as I thought they would be.
As I was standing there I began to think about men who have to have this done. So I asked the sweet Mammogram woman how they do a man, especially if he doesn't have man boobs. She laughed and said that men are easier to do and that they do Mammograms on men the same way the do on women. I asked, HOW! She said, everyone has breast tissue and we just pull on men just like we do women. That's when I was glad I have big girl's! 'Cause she pulled on them but not too much. ( I know TMI!!)
So, I got a good report and everything looks good. Yeah, I know I look good! HA!!

So all the men and ladies need to go have their Mammograms done. It's really not that bad..

~angie

0 comments: