Wednesday, October 1, 2008

For Everything there is a season

Last Thursday the Blackwell family had to say good-bye to the rock of our family. Nanny passed away Thursday Sept. 25th at 11:30 pm. It was a peaceful death. We were visible shaken, knowing that nothing would ever be the same again. My ally was gone. Who would put people in their place and tell them to mind their own business? You know I can't do it. It's not my place unless it directly invloves my direct family.

Then on Friday moring at 10:25 am my Uncle Joe stopped fighting. Alheimiers had taken his life. I was with him at the time. The nurses at the nursing home were there to comfort me. Or at least they tried. There was realy no comforting someone when they have watch two people that they cherised so dearly, take their last breaths.

That is exactly what I did with both of them. I can't really it explain how it feels. I felt God's hand on both ocassions. It wasn't feeling his hands taking their lives, it was his hand's that were comforting me. There was peace. The only reason I was crying was because I was sad to see my loved ones leave for their heavenly homes.
I like to think I am a strong person, but only surely by the grace of God. I now know my purpose in life, at least one of them.

Photobucket

0 comments: