Monday, July 7, 2008

FLOATING MILLS PARK (SUCKS)

Yep, we camped this weekend with my SIL and BIL , Niece and Nephew at Center Hill Lake. I know why it is named Center Hill. All the camp grounds are cut into the center of a hill... Remember people, I am on crutches and have a cast on my right foot and half way up my leg@! Kelly, Kerry and I went Thursday night. We got lost because my precious husband didn't keep count of the mileage. You see, I was suppose to do that on my side of the truck. I am so sorry, I left my x-ray, telescoping glasses at home! We passed where you turn off to go to Daniel's house and I said, " Kelly honey, We are almost in Smithville.. You better stop and ask for directions". He kept driving, so I called Krissa.. Then he pulled over and told me it was my fault we were lost... Again, I am so sorry I left those stinking glasses at home, along with my mind reading box... Krissa called me back and gave me good directions, Kelly came back with bad directions, we took Krissa's.

Beautiful drive down there, Got to the camp ground and I started freaking out! How in the H3ll am I gonna climb that freaking hill? I did, it was SCARY!!! Kelly and Kerry unloaded everything, 1st going up the Hill then drove around and coming down the hill.
A guy the next site over must have saw that I was sitting on my lazy broken cast wearing, crutch using butt and came over to help. Thank goodness because Kelly had our screen room looking like a TEPEE. HA! I kept telling him it was wrong, as well as Kerry and he wouldn't listen. Camp guy said, Man, this ain't right, let me look at the picture and he fixed it. We told you so Kelly!

July 4th was OK. SIL and family came around Noon. Wait! let me back track! I woke up at 5:30 am and had to use the restroom. Kelly got mad 'cause I woke him up so early. I had to go! I finally got out of the tent and Walked down and up a hill to go pee. That's when I said, forget modesty, I am not walking up this hill again to go pee. I'll just show my butt to the entire camp ground! I called my Momma and asked her to bring me her pee tent. She did.. I knew when she came I should have gone home with her. OK, back to the SIL and fam.... So, they came around noon and finish setting up camp, went swimming.. I sat all alone at the camp site wishing I was home.... After the swim, we roasted hot dogs and then the guys went boating. (Please take ME!!!) At dark Kristy, Kerry and Kelly Diane went to the dock to look at the fireworks. I went to bed.

Around 1:30 am, I heard the RAIN! Kelly had a fan going so I woke him up and it was pouring down rain! It rained till 4:30 am! We had so much water in the tent. I was wet and cold. It stormed and I am scared of storms. All I kept thinking was... We are floating down this freaking hill and I have a cast on my leg! I will drown... Drama Queen I am!
I got up around 5:30 am and asked Kristy if she was ready to go home. She said yes, like I was kidding. I wasn't! I knew I should have stayed home! The adults minus me went to dry everything at the camp laundry mat while me and the kiddos cooked breakfast. Eggs, bacon and biscuits all cooked on a griddle. Love my griddle!

The rest of the day sucked just as much as the morning. I was miserably hot and Kelly was grouchy. We blew up at each other. Kelly and Frankie went night fishing. The kiddos watched movies and Kristy and I played rummy. I went to bed around 11:30 pm cause it was sprinkling and I didn't want my cast to get wet.

Yesterday we left early enough to be home at noon. My MIL walked the fur babies while we were gone and I didn't think she was gonna leave once we got home. I know she stayed 2 hours after we got home. Kerry washed ALL the clothes and I sat on my big tail and gave out orders!
Piece of advice!! If you are on crutches, don't go camping. Miss out on all the miserable crap. you will be a much happier camper!

~angie

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!